Chicken and Prosciuto Roll-Ups
(Total Time 30 minutes; makes 4 servings)
4 medium skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 ¼ lbs)
4 oz fontina cheese, cut into 4 slices
4 large slices prosciutto (6 oz)
12 large fresh basil leaves
1 bag (5 to 6 oz) baby spinach
- Holding knife parallel to surface, cut a horizontal pocket in thickest part of each chicken breast. Insert 1 slice of Fontina in each project.
- Arrange prosciutto slices on work surface; top each with 3 basil leaves. Place a breast over each set of basil leaves; wrap with prosciutto to cover pocket. Secure with toothpicks.
- Heat nonstick 12-inch skillet over medium heat until very hot. Add chicken to skillet; cover and cook 10 minutes. Uncover; turn and cook until chicken just loses its pink color throughout, 3 to 5 minutes longer.
- When chicken is done, place spinach in same skillet with chicken. Cook, uncovered, stirring constantly, until leaves wilt, about 1 minute.
- To serve, remove toothpicks from chicken. Arrange spinach on four dinner plates; top with chicken.
(Each serving: About 305 calories, 45 g protein, 1 g carbohydrate, 13 g total fat (7 g saturated), 4 g fiber, 125 mg cholesterol, 730 mg sodium)
*You don’t need to add oil if you’re using a nonstick skillet – the prosciutto releases enough fat to prevent sticking or burning. For a regular pan, spritz with cooking spray first.
RECIPE COURTESY GOOD HOUSEKEEPING